Closing the Gap and Mobilising Media; Public Sessions at Upcoming National Catholic Social Services Conference
There will be two stand-alone sessions at the upcoming national Catholic social services conference, Serving Communities with Courage and Compassion that will be open to the public - everyone is welcome!
(1) Beyond Surviving to Truthfully Thriving: Continuing our Journey of Listening in Truth and Justice
Wednesday 26 February, 6pm - 8:30pm, at the Catholic Leadership Centre, 576 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne.
This forum will draw on the enduring wisdom, strength and resilience of our First Peoples. Through stories, inspiration and challenge we will reflect on the past 10 years of Closing the Gap and see the way forward together guided by the principles of empowerment and self-determination. Presenters include:
• Sherry Balcombe, Coordinator, Aboriginal Catholic Ministry Victoria
• Helen Christensen, Indigenous Education Officer, Catholic Education Melbourne
• Helen Kennedy, Chief Operations Officer, Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
• Henry Williams, Team Leader Reintegration Support, Centacare Kimberley
5pm: Refreshments served
6:00pm: Welcome to Country
6:30pm - 8:30pm: Forum
(2) Mobilising Media for Mission and Advocacy
Friday 28 February, 2pm-4pm, at the Catholic Leadership Centre, 576 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne.
This will be an informative, practical and inspiring forum, involving interaction with media professionals to gain insight into how to effectively engage with the media to advance the mission of social services, and how to effect powerful advocacy.
This is aimed at anyone working in the social services sector, within the area of communications, media and marketing. Presenters include:
Afternoon tea will be served following the forum.
Cost: $50 | Registration is essential: bit.ly/2Gcmqto | Enquiries: Email email@example.com or call (03) 9287 5566
Download event flyer, here.