Opportunity to join the John Pierce Centre (JPC) Team
The John Pierce Centre is a not for profit organisation providing support to deaf and hard of hearing individuals and families throughout Victoria. Support includes - but is not limited to - community activities for all ages, family and well-being support, spiritual and pastoral care.
• We welcome friendly staff with a “can do” attitude and are open to all applicants.
• Passion and enthusiasm for the Deaf Community, it’s people, it’s culture and JPC’s Purpose and Mission.
• Deaf background / history / exposure / learning in and with the Australian deaf community.
• Fluent Auslan (or minimum Cert 3 level) is advantageous.
• People skills, being understanding, compassionate and patient.
• Can work autonomously and in a team.
• Enjoy working in an Office/Business environment.
• Computer and communication skills (preferred): email, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Publisher
• Advanced computer skills (advantageous): Website knowledge (Wordpress), Email database experience (Mailchimp), Social Media knowledge
• Permanent part time position
• Flexible and supportive work environment, working with a great team of like-minded individuals
• 9.5% Superannuation
A National Police Check clearance and Working with Children Check are essential.
Contact us to discuss the opportunities at JPC or submit your resume today!
John Pierce Centremanager@jpc.org.au
Mobile: 0407 483 771 (sms or voice)