One of our longtime members, MacKillop Family Services,
is seeking the support of the Catholic community to help foster hope and promote justice for children, young people and families; particularly those who have experienced distress, disadvantage and abuse. In particular, they are keen to recruit more foster carers. Carers are necessary partners in assisting many of the children MacKillop supports.
As part of promoting the need for foster carers, MacKillop can provide a speaker at events, articles for publications, or send flyers or posters to display. For parishes, the bulletin or similar publication might alert parishioners to this area of need, along the following lines:MacKillop Family Services is seeking to recruit more foster carers to support children in Victoria who are unable to live at home. Call 1300 791 677 or visit www.mackillop.org.au/fostercare for more information on how you might be able to assist.
MacKillop Family Services also operates the following programs for children, young people and families:
* Foster Care and Residential Care Services (Out-of-Home Care)
* Disability Services
* Youth Services
* Education Services
* Family Services and Support
* Heritage and Information Service
* Psychology Clinic
In addition to their need for foster carers, further support MacKillop is seeking includes:
* Raising awareness of their services: MacKillop can provide further information on its services through flyers, posters, a guest speaker or short articles for you to include in your membership correspondence. They would also love to connect with you on their social media pages on Facebook
* Seeking financial support: MacKillop would be happy to work with you to coordinate any fundraising events, or provide you with copies of its supporter newsletter, Together.
For further information, or to discuss ways in which MacKillop can work with you to strengthen families in your community, please contact MacKillop’s Carer Recruitment and Development Manager on 03 9257 2289 or email Jasmine.Perry@mackillop.org.au
To find out more information about volunteering at MacKillop Family Services, click here