No one left out for #MissionRenew - special arrangements and concessions
The ‘Review Reimagine Renew: Mission making a difference in a changing world’ conference is an opportunity to engage with the broader themes of mission, with a range of presenters to assist the broader church community (including schools, hospitals and beyond) to address specific challenges such as institutional child abuse, engagement with Indigenous Australians and organisational sustainability for mission-impact.
There are some special arrangements for groups and people who might find it challenge to get to the conference:
- Schools and teachers (including school social justice groups)
- Parish social justice groups and representatives
- Youth groups, youth leaders and young people (future leaders).
Some special arrangements:
- Accreditation for teachers: the Catholic Education Office, Melbourne is a principal sponsor of the conference, and has accorded Accreditation hours (towards Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic school) for the conference equivalent to two hours Categories A/C for the Wednesday evening forum, and ten and three-quarter hours Categories A/C for the rest of the conference
- Young people / youth workers / leaders: there are six bursaries available – three for youth workers and three for young people who feel inspired to contribute to the conversation about renewing mission for all in our community. These are $110 each (ordinary tickets for all sessions $310 plus $60 for dinner and $80 Catholic Social Teaching Masterclass with Fr Frank Brennan)
- Special conference price for Parish leaders: regular price for attending the two-day conference is $310, however the Archbishop’s Office for Evangelisation is offering 20 places at the significantly reduced price of $100 each.
Conference highlights include:
- John L Allen Jr: keynote speakers and workshop leader, John is one of the foremost authorities on the ‘Pastoral Revolution’ of Pope Francis and his economic outlook that condemns the ‘globalization of indifference’
- Addressing and Preventing Sexual Abuse forum: Robert Fitzgerald AM. Commissioner, Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse will present on the issue that casts a shadow over the Catholic Church
- Caring for creation: with Jacqui Remond CEO, Catholic Earthcare Australia
- Putting child safety first: with Micaela Cronin CEO, MacKillop Family Services
- Supporting recently arrived communities: with Tomasa Morales (CatholicCare) and Deacon George Piech.
Still finding it hard to attend?
More information - including low-income / student and other concession pricing speak to Lucia Brick on (03) 9287 5566 email@example.com
For general information on the conference click here.