Catholic Social Services Victoria assists the Catholic Church in following the teachings of Jesus Christ to stand with and serve those who are poor, disadvantaged and marginalised; and to work for a just, equitable and compassionate society.
As a peak body for Catholic community services in Victoria we support and enhance the work of service and justice of our member organisations.
In this work we are responsive to the Bishops, our member organisations and the leaders of Religious Congregations, and we draw on the gospel values enshrined in Catholic Social Teaching.
Our Strategic Plan
builds on our mission and objects under the following key strategic objectives:
1. Better outcomes for people who are disadvantaged and vulnerable
2. A resilient Catholic Social Services sector that responds effectively to its changing environment
3. Catholic Social Teaching Making a Difference
4. Prevent and respond to child sexual abuse with the Catholic Church and organisations
5. Effective communication and engagement with Church and community